Another TED speaker featured today: Ukulele guru Jake Shimabukuro shares his thoughts and incredible skill in the videos below.
"Ukulele virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro says his traditional, Hawaiian instrument, which he learned to play at age 4, can make the world a less violent place.
'I've always believed it's the instrument of peace,' he said, 'because if everyone played the ukulele, this would be a much more peaceful place.'
Shimabukuro says people can't help but smile when they hear the two-octave, stringed instrument. He likened its tone to the sound of children laughing."
Shimbaukuro also says (in the video above),
"The ukulele is the perfect instrument because it's not an instrument that requires five hours of practice a day... you can just sit with it for like ten minutes a week and you'll be able to play songs. It's that simple. It's the easiest instrument to learn."
If it's that easy and could save the world, why not? Here are 200+ tutorials on WonderHowTo to get you started.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades