Want to play Bright Eyes' "Lua" on the ukulele? Learn how with this free video ukulele lesson from Ukulele Mike. Whether you play the ukulele or bass kazoo, there is no better way to improve your chops than by learning to play your favorite songs. Not only is it more fun and much easier than running drills or memorizing a chord book by wrote, it's obviously also a wonderful way to build your repertory of songs. For more information, and to get started playing this indie folk song on your own uke, watch this video tutorial.
There is a capo on the 2nd fret, which shifts all the chords up one full note. That is, once the capo is on, putting your fingers in the standard C chord position now makes a D chord. The instructor refers to the chords with the actual chord followed by the non-capo equivalent chord position in parentheses, ie D(C). The chords are D(C), G(F), Em(Dm), Bm(Am), A(G), A7(G7).
The strumming pattern loops in 8 beats, where each beat could be considered one up or down strum at a regular rhythm.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades