This two-part video tutorial series presents a breakdown of applied music theory on the ukulele.
In the key of C major you have the notes CDEFGABC. The notes C to C give you C major(or Ionian). The notes A to A give you A minor (or Locrian). The notes G to G give you Mixolydian and the notes E to E give you E Phrygian.
Playing the C major scale from D to D gives you D Dorian, F to F gives you F Lydian and B to B gives you Locrian. These are just names for organizing the Major scale. The tonality of the notes played are relative to the chord being played and the scale notes that are emphasized.
For more information on applying music theory to your uke playing, watch this free video lesson.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades